Day 2 of 2018/2019

Today was our second day of school for 2018/2019. It went well. I took the kids to a park and library 2 towns over; about 30 min away (here in Wisconsin, our towns are very  s p r e a d  out).

We went to the park first because I thought we'd beat the heat. I WAS WRONG. It was so hot! Mid-80s at 10am! Needless to say, we didn't stay long.









Then it was on to the library! A friend and I had gone to this particular library a week or so ago for a book sale and I noticed that they had a wonderful kids' section. I knew I had to bring my kids back. So that's what I did.








I use our library's hold system a lot and I'm so thankful for it (it's FREE), but there is something to be said for looking at the books and holding them in your hands before you check them out.

Then we went back to the park and sat IN THE SHADE and had a nice picnic lunch.


After it all, we came home and read some of our new books. Was a pretty good day.


Comments